Head of Strategy
Location - London 2 days in the office / Remotely
3 months contract possible perm for right candidate
£1000 per day- Umbrella (Inside IR35)
My Client is looking for an experienced Head of Strategy who would be accountable for identifying, developing and implementing future growth opportunities through new and existing business.
- Obtain and evaluate information about industry and market trends, competitive threats and possible business opportunities
- Support in defining the strategic direction of the business over a rolling 5-year period - developing a range of strategic options including M&A
- Driving the problem solving, including identifying key issues and developing effective solutions
- Develop innovative and creative solutions to some of the most challenging problems facing the business, and understand how to get these implemented
- Work with the Business Units and Leadership teams to ensure the solutions are truly co-developed and owned at a local level
- Support the Finance Directors in shaping the financial planning and reporting process, ensuring all strategic opportunities are supported with robust financials
- Produce clear, understandable, unambiguous, engaging, and convincing reports for the leadership teams and relevant stakeholders, which will play a central role in influencing strategic decision-making across the business
- Lead, develop and motivate team of Strategy Managers and Analysts
- Managing communications across key stakeholders, including director and ExCo level
- Experience in a strategy leadership position in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A proven track record of success at a top-tier management consulting firm
- Ideally, a mix of strategy consulting and corporate strategy experience with top business leadership and a demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional and matrix business environment.
- An excellent current knowledge of the UK retail market (key players, major trends etc) as well as a broader understanding of global retail markets
- Considerable experience of end-to-end management and delivery of complex strategic problems (e.g., project set up, problem solving, solution development supported by analytical assessment, option evaluation and recommendation generation)
- To be commercially astute with the ability to understand how commercial decisions impact the broader business context
- Experience of bringing creativity and innovation to your problem solving
- Ability to move a cross-functional group and senior business leadership in a unified direction and with a unified vision
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to demonstrate credibility in dealings with stakeholders at all levels
- Open and welcoming to change, be result oriented, be self-motivated and proactive, have exceptional problem-solving skills, and demonstrate an ability to stay calm under stress and uncertainty, influencing the same in their team.
Should you have an interest in the role please apply directly with CV.