Head of Logistics
Duration: 6 Months - Temp to Perm
Pay: £385 a day PAYE
To manage the Logistics function supporting the Ansty and Holbrook Lane Carbon sites. The Head of Logistics manages the functions of Logistics and Shipping (Export/Imports) teams.
- To lead and develop Logistics and Shipping function, mentoring and coaching direct reports, undertaking their performance reviews and providing necessary training and development opportunities.
- Is accountable for the activities to ensure all required processes are established and documented, operators and management is trained adequately, an achievable continuous improvement plan is created, executed and that personnel are engaged in the Logistics functions and Export/Import functions to ensure support of the manufacturing areas to achieve supply to line (STL) and on-time delivery.
- Be part of the Site Leadership Council
- Ensure HPS principles are applied and evolution through the levels is achieved
- Monitor and control inventory accuracy
- Maintain and continuously improve together with expert providers the warehouse physical and information and data systems infrastructure, eg SAP system, VLMs, fork lift trucks etc
- Develop and implement inventory control systems such as Kanban, 2 bin, re-order point where applicable
- Ensure products are received and stored properly, supplied to internal manufacturing or external subcontract operations promptly and shipped promptly and confirm with all export compliance requirements
- Oversee Imports to ensure IPR/OPR and any other schemes are optimised to minimise import duties for the business
- Prioritising customer demand, factory activities and material resources.
- Work with and communicate with Manufacturing, Engineering and Contract Management.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities List
- 5+ years of experience in Senior Warehouse Management Level in charge of operating one or multiple warehouses
- Applied knowledge of warehouse safety and security
- Applied knowledge of SAP and SAP WMS
- Applied knowledge of optimised VLM utilisation
- Applied knowledge of Inventory Management
- Applied knowledge of Logistics Management
- Applied knowledge of Warehouse equipment maintenance
- Highly data driven with ability to build meaningful KPIs and utilise these to improve performance
- Track record of leading diverse teams
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to visualise and plan objectives and goals strategically
- Supervisory skills, including delegation, training and evaluating performance
- Ability to develop strategic plans to grow the business
- Proficient in Project Management tools (i.e., MS Project) or similar project tool (s)
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web browsers
If this role is of interest, please submit your CV for review