Hardware Systems Engineer
12 month contract | Full-Time
£55 per hour (Inside IR35)
About the role:
Our client, a world-leading provider of avionics, aircraft engines and systems solutions are currently recruiting for a talented and enthusiastic Hardware Systems Engineer to join the team at their Cheltenham-based site. The role will involve supporting hardware systems engineering activities in order to fulfill key customer deliveries across the next 12 months. The role will involve work within power distribution HW design and document release.
- Solving of complex hardware engineering problems and Hardware Architecture Definition
- Hardware Development Lifecycle Technical Leadership including applicable process selection.
- Hardware Requirements Management with Traceability to design and test
- Capturing, understanding and producing supporting documentation including design & certification Documentation for hardware solutions
- Qualification Management
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Electrical or Electronic engineering or equivalent qualification in a related subject, ideally accredited by a professional engineering institution
- Previous experience in an avionics embedded systems development environment.
- An understanding of hardware engineering and architectures
- Knowledge of creating and performing testing or qualification activities.
- A positive attitude, initiative, pro-activeness and an enthusiasm and passion for engineering.
- Proven ability to contribute in a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Wider knowledge of avionic systems and their applications
- Experience of the design lifecycle within the aerospace or a similar safety critical industry
- Use of requirements management tools e.g. DOORS
If you are interested in the position, please apply directly to the vacancy and we will be in touch to discuss suitability. We look forward to hearing from you!