Our client a leading global insurance organization, are currently seeking two Group Claims Administrators to join their team on a fully remote basis. This contract will initially be for 6 months with a review to be extended.
About the role
- An excellent opportunity to be learn and develop skills in Group Protection claims assessment.
- To receive claims notifications by email and telephone, assess claims and make settlement within the guidelines and claims philosophy.
- To support the claims team with administration tasks such as invoice payment.
- Product range: Group Life including Death in Service Pensions
- A key requirement of the job role is to provide fair and balanced claims decisions using the appropriate amount of evidence necessary, ensuring the speed and quality of the claims process. Our client wishes to be known as being fair to customers and providing support and assistance at claim, but equally claims must be fairly assessed and only those which are valid can be paid.
- The jobholder will be in daily contact with customers, intermediaries and service providers both in writing and on the telephone.
- Management of Group Protection claims (after training) from initial notification through to final settlement for the following products on a daily basis within an agreed level of authority and within service standards:
-Death in Service Pensions
- Assessment of claims in line with the claims philosophy and policy terms and conditions.
- Administration of incoming emails and processing of invoices
- Vetting of work tasks and assistance in management of workflow system
- Communicate with members, clients, doctors, service providers, intermediaries and reinsurers as necessary to:
-obtain further information in relation to claims or potential claim enquiries
-explain claims requirements and decisions
- Build and maintain relationships with intermediaries and service providers
- Contribute ideas for the continuous improvement of the claims business process to ensure that our client remains innovative and forward thinking - constantly challenge the status quo.
- Work closely with other areas (for example Individual Claim Assessors, Underwriting, Actuarial, Client Services, Sales) to develop a thorough understanding of the business and contribute to "best practice" overall.
What we're looking for:
- Curiosity - To have an interest in learning and understanding about claims and the needs of our customers and claimants at their most vulnerable
- Communication - Well developed and effective communicator both verbally and in writing, exhibiting good questioning and listening skills.
- Numerical - Ability to understand and calculate financial benefits.
- Interpretive - ability to understand and apply policy rules
- Building Relationships - Interpersonal skills to enable effective communications and working relationships with internal and external customers/suppliers. Fosters good working relationships, listens and respects the contribution of others and demonstrates flexibility within the team
- Managing self - A demonstrable 'can-do' attitude with the ability to pro-actively manage workload and prioritise tasks to ensure service standards are met. Demonstrate personal commitment, acting with integrity displaying an open and trustworthy attitude.
- Information Technology - Knowledge and capability with Microsoft Office Suite & power point skills. An understanding of the E-Business environment would be desirable. Previous use of an image and workflow system is desirable but not essential.
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Computer literacy
- Sound numerical and literacy skills
- Experience of Group protection and/or insurance claims is preferred but not essential
If you are interested, then please don't delay and apply today!