GRADUATE ROLE: High Throughput Experimentation Scientist, Chemistry, Chemical Development
12 month contract
Up to £21.50 per hour Umbrella / £16 per hour PAYE
My client, a global leader in research and development within healthcare are looking to source a Graduate Scientist for an initial 12-month contract based at their laboratory in Stevenage.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, performing & analysing miniaturized experiments in our High Throughput laboratory to support project teams to develop and optimise chemical manufacturing processes to new active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Thinking creatively to generate original ideas for new applications of HTE across the Chemical Development portfolio.
- Supporting and collaborating with project chemists to meet the requirements of a project.
- Complying with applicable Data Integrity, Quality, cGMP and regulatory requirements in all aspects of work.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- Masters degree qualified in Chemistry (recent graduates from 2020/2021 are also encouraged to apply)
- Keen interest in developing practical synthetic organic chemistry experience
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related sector (this includes an Industrial Placement during your undergraduate degree)
- Previous experience working in a multi-functional team
- Previous experience working in a High Throughput laboratory would be an advantage
- An "outside the box" thinker, able to generate creative solutions to problems
- Practical familiarity with analytical techniques such as HPLC, NMR, LCMS
If interested, please submit your CV as soon as possible and we will be in touch to discuss suitability. We look forward to hearing from you!