Job title - Global Finance Change Programme Business Analyst
Location - London, Canary Wharf/Remote
Rate - Up to £460 PAYE or Umbrella £590
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 12 months
Our financial services client is currently seeking a Global Finance Change Programme Business Analyst to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will initially be for 12 months.
A significant S166 Regulatory Reporting Remediation programme is underway in The Bank. This programme has been set up in response to the findings of the external assurance reviews on Market Risk and Liquidity regulatory reporting and a strategic approach is required to deliver the end-to-end remediation of the governance and control findings across The Bank's regulatory reporting landscape. The programme covers the review and remediation of identified thematic issues across documentation, data, processes and controls, organisational capabilities (people and change) and regulatory interpretation into global Liquidity policy.
The Liquidity Process, Control & Operating Model Design Workstream has been mobilised to resolve the identified specific issues and organisation of Liquidity reporting thematics.
This role is required to provide business analysis on the Process, Control & Operating Model deliverables, with a specific focus on delivering the following:
- Detailed end-to-end process maps
- Process specific key risk assessment across the end-to-end reporting process
- Controls review and risk mapping
- Standardisation, rationalisation full uplift of controls
The role holder will be required to work with Group and local stakeholders to develop an in depth understanding of the reporting process for specific Liquidity reports whilst ensuring that there is clear documentation and governance of the deliverables. The role requires an understanding of Finance reporting processes, and systems and data landscape.
In particular, the role holder will be required to take a lead role in a range of analytical and project activities, including development of process requirements through discussion and workshops, working with users to document read-across maps (systems and process), data analysis, and identification and management of project dependencies, risks, and issues.
Key knowledge/experience required for the role:
- Significant experience as a Business Analyst, with proficiency in process mapping, risk assessment and controls design
- Comprehensive knowledge of Finance & Risk processes at The Bank or a Global Bank
- Understanding of Liquidity reporting specifically LCR, NSFR, PRA110 reporting would be an advantage
Strong understanding of Finance reporting processes and general accounting knowledge would be beneficial
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
Technical Skill Requirements
- An understanding of Liquidity regulatory reporting, specifically LCR, NSFR and PRA110 would be beneficial
- Excellent analysis skills, with ability to structure problems and find solutions
- A good appreciation of systems and data architectures, specifically in a Risk and Finance environment
- An understanding of systems delivery lifecycles and delivery methodologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project)
- Educated to minimum of degree level or equivalent professional qualification
Personal Skills Requirements
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and analysis skills
- Mature and independent - able to work with little supervision
- Team player able to manage conflict and conflicting priorities
- Attention to detail, and desire and ability to see a task through to the end
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire and commitment to make a difference
- Ability to both build relationships and influence stakeholders globally and across functions
- Dynamic and willing to challenge the status quo
- Ability to understand the detail but also able to take a big picture approach
- Delivery focused, and able to meet and manage deadlines
- Ability to provide leadership in areas of SME expertise
- Financial Services project experience across both internal reporting and regulatory requirements, with experience of Liquidity regulatory reporting systems and processes, specifically on LCR, NSFR and PRA110 reports is preferable
- Demonstrated experience of working on large scale projects in a global business
- Experience of working in a large banking organisation
S166 exposure preferable
Impact on the Business/Function
The primary role is to provide business change management for Liquidity Finance projects as part of the Process, Control & Operating Design team. The key stakeholders are senior Regional and Site ALCM, Finance Operations, IT/HOST, Group Treasury, and other internal teams.
If you are relevant or interested, please contact me at