Title: Bench Hand
Duration: End date 31/05/22
Reports Directly to: Team Leader
Purpose: Dress components using both manual and driven tools. Conform to drawing requirements and work to relevant documents, inspecting and validating the components as processed.
Activities will also include inspection and first-line maintenance.
- Dress components using both manual and driven tools.
- To understand the function of key features of the components functionality so they can be dressed accordingly.
- To be able to select the correct tool for the feature to be produced.
- To use inspection equipment to verify the products conformity.
- Where necessary, to use internal inspection viewing equipment to verify the products conformity.
General Requirements & Accountabilities
- To attend and contribute to Daily Layered Accountability (DLA) meetings and to support the ongoing progression of MPS within a HPC environment.
- Ability to work within and contribute to a team type approach of working and participate in the continual improvement process essential for the ongoing development of the cell.
- Individual Process Control (PC) stamping (or electronic equivalent) of planning cards to certify inspection / quality conformance of the product being processed & that the correct process technique was followed.
- To maintain component traceability of parts throughout the manufacturing process & reporting of any documentation errors to supervision.
- Responsible for the associated paperwork that supports the manufacturing documentation required for the product being processed.
- To maintain good housekeeping and 6-S in the work area.
- To clean and perform first line maintenance on machinery / equipment used.
- Comply with company and HS&E procedures.
- To ensure compliance with any regulations for the control of technical data (i.e. DFARS, ITAR etc).
- Undergo training if required in order to perform particular aspects of this role.
- Jobholder may be requested to train others on the tasks associated with this role.
- The working of shift patterns may be required to meet on-going business requirements.
- Carry out special duties as assigned. Technical Requirements
- A good standard of general education is required.
- An engineering apprenticeship is desirable, although training will be given.
- 2 years similar experience in an engineering manufacturing facility making a similar product.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings.
- The ability to use basic inspection equipment is essential.
- Good computer skills are desirable, as is a knowledge of the computer systems used (SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook etc)