12 month contract
£20 per hour PAYE (Inside IR35)
Our client; a world-leading manufacturer in aviation is currently looking to source a Fulfilment Specialist, working at their Gloucestershire-based site on a 12-month contract basis. Within the role, you will own orderbook management and excellence for suppliers by driving on time delivery whilst reducing span and arrears to support the achievement of Business level delivery metrics to our customers. You will be reporting to the Supplier Fulfilment Leader and will be required to work closely with Buyers, Customer Fulfilment, Materials & Planning and Supplier Quality.
- Analyse and report on supplier delivery performance
- Be able to represent the business at all levels within the supplier to drive performance and orderbook excellence to ensure the most responsive outcome
- Present and review delivery performance with the supplier, identifying areas of improvement to drive orderbook excellence.
- Work with poor performing supplier to set and drive recovery plans as required.
- Work with Buyer and Quality Engineer team when engaging in Supplier periodic reviews.
- Work with suppliers to expedite critical goods and services that directly or indirectly cause risk to on time delivery to our client and its customers
- Work with suppliers to implement process improvement to streamline and make more efficient the orderbook management process
- Ensure early deliveries and arrears are managed effectively
- Work with suppliers to manage consignment stock in line with LTA/Contract agreements to the advantage of our client
- Understand LTA/Contract requirements and drive supplier held inventory in line with those agreements
- Be aware of any other LTA/Contract requirements that support delivery performance requirements and work with supplier to enforce those.
- Where an LTA/Contract defines there are late delivery penalties be able to identify failure to adhere and feed to Buyer team to action as appropriate
- Identify risks that impact supplier on time delivery and develop action plans with the supplier to get early intervention
- Work with Customer Fulfilment and Quality teams to benchmark and develop suppliers.
- Be able to review process and practice (on occasion) at supplier to aid driving performance and orderbook excellence
- Have an awareness of Quality system requirements
- Occasional business travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Experience with Sourcing, Operations or Production Engineering within the aerospace or similar sectors
- Experience in Service Delivery/Account Management, Supplier Delivery Management roles
- Working experience in a regulatory environment
- Experience of manufacturing planning and manufacturing processes, systems and management
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Lean Six Sigma experience (preferred but not essential)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others, lead, and drive change
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Must have UK Driving license
- MRP/ERP Experience (preferred but not essential)
- Siteline Experience (preferred but not essential)
Interested? Apply directly to the vacancy with your CV and we will be in touch to discuss suitability. We look forward to hearing from you!