Flight Physics Principal Engineer
Location: Salisbury - Hybrid Working
Duration: 6-month contract with the possibility for extensions
Rate: £68 an hour Inside IR35
Our client in the defence sector, who are a world leader in research and development, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, technical, engineering and scientific expertise, are looking for a Principal Engineer with an Aerospace background to join their team.
As a Flight Physics Principal Engineer, you will have the chance to be involved a variety of exciting projects, with a primary focus on performance and flying qualities for helicopters and projects at early stages where you will be involved in simulator assessment.
As a Flight Physics Principal Engineer, you will be using your skills and experience to provide specialist technical Flight Physics support and advice.
You will be responsible for the safe and effective conduct of specific test and evaluation tasks, of associated aircraft systems and role equipment, meeting customer requirements over multi-disciplinary projects
What You'll be Doing
- Liaison with operators of aircrafts (test pilots and test air crews)
- Liaison with industry equivalents, flight test specialists, frontline air crew - speaking with end users to ensure that the correct requirements are captured, and the equipment/aircraft meet the mission objective and customer requirements
- Delivering Flight Physics specialist technical principals and advice, research, consultancy tasks, technical governance and in-depth commercial awareness in line with the customer requirement(s)
- Assisting in the selection of airframes and assessment of capability such as safety and performance to the client (MOD)
- Integrity to make technical judgements based on the analysis of Flight Physics information.
- Supporting the engineering and technical interface with customers and suppliers when required for the specialist area
- Providing Flight Physics specialist technical support to Business Development and Sales
- Promoting continuous improvement to ensuring that the specialist technical capability retains a 'world class' standard
- Working as an integrated part of a delivery stream
- Working as a key part of the Flight Physics technical capability team
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- You will have 10-15 years' experience in the aerospace/aviation industry with a focus on Air worthiness and certification
- You will be a team player who is able to help others on the team, weather that be assisting with technical challenges or guidance to other based on your own skills and experiences.
- Experience working within rotary wing platforms and/or certification within a relevant area i.e. aerospace systems would be highly desirable
- Experienced in working on projects with a focus on Flying qualities and performance of aircraft - mission systems and mechanical systems
- Sound knowledge in the Flight Physics specialist technical area
- Technical experience throughout the air vehicle life cycle
- Ability to make sound technical judgements in the Flight Physics specialist technical area
- Supplier interface experience in an Aerospace organisation
- Sound knowledge of Technical Governance
- Accountability for authorising Specialist Technical input to aircraft safety
If this role is of interest, please submit your CV for review.