Role: Fitter - Assembly & Test
Location: Ansty Park, Coventry
Duration: 3-6 months initially
Rate: Up to £17.11/hour PAYE
Responsible for supporting the output of the cell through the efficient and effective operation of various assembly and test techniques, including sub-assemblies. Part of a multidisciplinary team, achieving performance measures, continuous improvement and first line maintenance objectives.
- To perform appropriate repairs/replacement of components.
- To proof and porosity test hydraulic brake and sub-assemblies using isopropyl alcohol, air, skydroll, DTD 585 etc.
- To perform testing on electric brake assemblies and sub-assemblies to include dielectric, insulation resistance, bonding, motor phase testing and functional testing.
- Check that correct component parts are being used in the assembly process as per drawing requirements and ensure that the correct consumables (grease, adhesives, lubricants etc) are used
- The identification of wheel & brake assemblies and sub-assemblies by hand stamping/dot peening/vibro peening etc.
- Check balancing of wheels/hub sub-assemblies and the fitting of correction weights by drilling hubs and hand tapping holes.
- The assembly of heat shrouds by hand riveting, and the locking of drive blocks.
- The heating of sub-assemblies to facilitate the fitting of bushes etc and the freezing of sub-components in a dewer.
- Fitting bushes etc to sub-assemblies using presses, ovens or induction heating machine etc, checking conformity after fitting.
- To conduct various sub-assembly tasks, including the fitting of lee pin plugs, helicoil inserts, sleeves, bushes, riveting, lock-wiring, peening, balance weights, retention pegs etc.
- The heating of Hubs/Half Hubs/Flanges to facilitate the fitting of bearings, drive blocks, bearings, housings, etc.
- The freezing of bearing liners and cups in a dewer.
- Fitting bushes etc using presses, ovens or induction heating machine etc, checking conformity after fitting.
- To carry out repair schemes on repaired wheel & brake components, i.e. hub liners, torque plates, torque tubes etc, in accordance with the requirements of the strip report and planning card, when necessary.
- To assemble wheel & brake assemblies in accordance with TUR's, drawings etc for development or performance evaluation purposes.
- To diagnose and correct any faults that may be shown up on tests. Reporting any drawing error to the section supervisor.
- To assess repair retest and or modify production returns.
- To conduct any other task associated with the wheel & brake assembly process.
- A good standard of general education is required.
- An engineering apprenticeship is desirable, although training will be given.
- 2 years similar experience in an engineering manufacturing facility making a similar product.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings.
- The ability to use basic inspection equipment is essential.
- An understanding of torque values and or equipment associated with the assembly process.
- Basic assembly skills example fitting of thread inserts and lee pin plugs is essential.
- Knowledge of DATA acquisition testing systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of using hydraulic pressure test rigs is desirable.
- Knowledge of electric assembly techniques such as potting, wire termination, wire routing, soldering and heat shrink application is desirable.
- Good computer skills are desirable, as is a knowledge of the computer systems used (SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook etc).
To apply please send your CV's in the first instance