Fitter - Assembly & Test
Mon to Fri
We have an exciting vacancy for a Fitter - Assembly & Test to join FTSE 250 global company concentrating in components and sub-systems for the Aerospace and Defence markets. My Client supplies Engine Systems including Flow Control, Thermal Systems, Engine Composites and Engine Sensors for both Civil and Defence Aerospace Customers.
My Client provides important electronics that generate significant heat and require an efficient thermal management system. Their thermal behaviour expertise ensures that my client design and manufacture systems and components that are highly reliable, even at extreme temperatures.
Using your experience as a Fitter - Assembly & Test, you will:
· Assemble and Test units and sub-assemblies to ensure conformance to drawing and other relevant documents (SOP's, Pats), using necessary tools and measuring devices.
· Endorse appropriate documentation to record conformance.
· Liaise with Team Leader and others to ensure you meet company and customer requirements.
· Operate as part of a team that makes the most effective use of Assembly and Test resource.
· As required, take part in Continuous Improvement activities to help improve process robustness, reduce the cost of poor quality, and maintain and improve safety standards.
· Use lifting equipment, where appropriate, to aid in the building and testing of the units.
· Assemble units and move them around on the bench when necessary.
· Visually check parts for any defects.
· Attend and partake in relevant meetings to assist the business in improvement activities.
The role is an excellent opportunity to utilise your Fitter - Assembly & Test experience in an innovator industry and progress through a successful career in the Aerospace sector. My Client provides full training and career development opportunities.
What experience do I need?
You will have experience in a similar assembly, test and fitting expertise gained working on similar mechanical components and sub-assemblies - ideally working to Aerospace standards but not essential.
You will also have experience of the following:
- Precision fit and tight tolerance