Financial Controller - Cheadle, Manchester
The duration of the contract is 3 - 4 months
The location of this role is Cheadle, Manchester (hybrid remote working)
The pay rate for this role is £Competitive (Inside IR35)
The role is working for a leading pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organisation.
- To provide effective contribution to the tactical and strategic development of RPP to ensure achievement of company objectives, maintaining full compliance with Company standards
- To provide effective financial management, reporting and planning for the RPP to ensure achievement of company objectives, maintaining full compliance with Company and statutory standards
- Financial Management - To establish realistic revenue, cash flow and capital forecasts and budgets.. To identify and evaluate opportunities and risks through preparation and review of monthly results, forecasts and business plans, providing support to ensure that financial and manufacturing performance is optimised by challenging, influencing and participating in the activities of the Business, supporting decision making by using effective presentation of information.
- Business Support - To be fully aware of the performance, challenges and opportunities in the business from the internal and external perspectives in order to provide leadership and participate as member of the ManagementTeam or at team level. Being involved with ad hoc activities that are key to the progress of the business, either independently, or through the leadership or membership of specific project teams implemented to improve the performance of the business.
- Team Management - To manage, motivate and develop direct reports. To ensure effective and efficient operation of team.
- Compliance and Business Controls - To contribute to safety performance by ensuring that the Health, Safety and Environmental policy is observed and in compliance with cGMP as appropriate. Establish appropriate processes/systems to ensure effective financial and business controls are maintained in compliance with company and statutory requirements. To ensure that corporate policy and directions for Finance are effectively implemented on site
- Reporting - To provide comprehensive financial and management reporting, statutory accounting, performance measurement and control information to all aspects of the Business and to ensure corporate reporting requirements are adhered to.
- Continuous Improvement - To seek, implement and encourage continuous improvement to support positive change. To promote and develop business and financial awareness through presentations, education, training and involvement
- Performance manages the team through setting and reviewing priorities. Provides appropriate and timely feedback about performance and coaches team members to help them achieve their goals
- Supports the professional and career development of the team by identifying the skills and competencies that employees need for their current and prospective roles and provide opportunities to learn and practice new skills
- Leads the building of a motivated and engaged team through the use of formal and informal recognition, regular communications and the encouragement of cooperation between individuals and teams
- Takes personal accountability to use personal experience and knowledge, as well as the training and tools provided by Recipharm, to maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all ethics and governance relevant to the role (including the Industry Code of Practice, Recipharm Policies and Procedures and any relevant legal requirements); and demonstrate personal leadership in applying these to all work undertaken.
- Escalates any decisions, or seek the support of colleagues or management if personal knowledge and understanding is not at the level required to carry out any part of the role.
- Qualified ACMA / ACA / ACCA accountant with at least 5 years' PQE
- 5 years' experience in a senior management position
- Ability to communicate and present at all levels of the organisation
- Integrity and trust
- Ability to delegate and direct staff /colleagues
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills