Jefferson Wells are working closely with a global Pharmaceutical business in Oxford to recruit for a Financial Accountant to join their rapidly expanding start up in Didcot. This is a great opportunity for anyone currently working in Financial Accounting or External Audit to join a business who have very ambitious growth plans over the next 3-5 years.
If you are looking to progress your career then this role will be perfect for you. Due to growth in the team, they expect the successful candidate to progress to financial controller within a couple of years. Whilst it is a start up environment, you will be backed by a multinational market leader who have huge plans for this brand new, state of the art manufacturing facility.
This role is focused on management of statutory reporting as well as compliance & control objectives. You will also be supporting the Financial Controller with all things Tax, Treasury, Month end closing, Revenue, Spend reporting & management accounts.
What will you be doing?
- Production & Delivery of UK statutory accounts
- Lead of Financial reporting, compliance or tax initiatives
- Corporate tax analysis, including quarterly tax packs for US reporting
- Complete VAT reconciliations & submit HMRC reports on timely basis
- Assist with cash flow management
- Manage SOX process , including internal & external audits
What are we looking for?
- Fully or Part qualified Accounting
- Up to date knowledge of US & UK GAAP legislations
- Experience in a Financial Accounting or External Audit role
- Highly competent in Excel
The ideal candidate will either come from a Practice background in an Audit focused role, or from a Financial Accounting background. This particular area of the business is expecting enormous growth over the next 3-5 years so now is the perfect time to get your foot in the door. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply and one of the team will be in touch.