Title: Finance Professional
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £295 bill rate // PAYE via umbrella
Project Accountant providing financial support to projects in the Assets/HO area of the business.
- Preparation of monthly actuals and rolling 7 month forecasts, and the interpretation of variances from a financial, commercial and delivery perspective.
- Produce and interpret a detailed monthly reporting pack and present the financial position at monthly reviews to senior management.
- Understand business risk factors, materiality, revenue recognition principles. Proactive business analysis. To be actively involved in improving reporting and processes across Finance.
- Close liaison with Operations, Programme/Project Managers and Project Analysts, displaying confidence to support and challenge. Along with the Commercial team both in providing support on request and to resolve commercial issues.
- To understand a complex client contract and its financial implications on the business. As well as Identify and address issues which affect business performance.
- Produce regular and ad hoc reports and analysis to support the Account financial obligations, and to assist in decision making.
- Strong analytical skills, communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal and strong commercial acumen.
- To have been actively involved in change management programme or worked in an environment of continuous process improvement.
- Advanced technical skills including Microsoft Excel are essential and the ability to program in VBA would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Project accounting.