Role : Finance Manager - Fixed Network Capex
Location: London or Bristol (Hybrid working)
Duration: 3 months
Rate: Up to £440/day Umbrella
This role is responsible for the financial management of the fixed Core network expenditure of c£275m annually supporting strategy of number one network and our purpose we connect for good by driving the commercial, transformation and financial control agenda through strong insight, governance, and operational understanding.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead on financial and commercial support for all Core Network business cases from inception to presentation at the Networks Investment Board.
- Provide financial leadership for major vendor contract negotiations, colloborate with Procurement to ensure optimal value is derived and deals are structured in the best way.
- Deliver insightful monthly management reporting for both Capex and balance sheet that drive understanding of financial & operational performance, action plans to address areas of challenge, identify and manage risk & opportunities.
- Support on network optimisation, reducing unit costs across the strategic platforms and build on analysis of investment by product.
- Finance lead on the budgeting and monthly Outlook process, joining up labour demand across the supply units and the demand from the platforms.
- Management and governance of Core AICC, asset life management and related balance sheet items.
Skills you need:
- Typically degree level or equivalent
- Fully qualified accountant / Further qualification to support specialism (.e.g. CIMA, ACCA, IIA, CISA, ACT, CTA, MCT, IR Society Certificate or equivalent), or exceptionally equivalent experience.
- Experience across a wide range of finance disciplines desirable.
- Experience of driving cross CFU change.
- A curious mind who likes supporting the operational teams in their transformation journeys.
- Demonstrable professionalism with a proven ability to operate in a complex, fast paced matrixed business environment.
- A track record of effectively influencing stakeholder requirements
- Strength of driving a customer centric approach in all financial processes.
- Experience of financial management and delivery of improved financial performance.
- Strategic capability and commercial awareness
- Collaborative approach to problem solving