Finance Manager - International Logistics
London | (2 days per week in office / 3 days remote)
Full Time | 3 month contract
£400 per day via Umbrella
M&S International operates across 60 different territories with 470 stores and over 50 websites covering Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Underpinning our success internationally is our Supply Chain - which is currently serviced out of 3 international hubs and the UK. Getting the right product in the right place at the right time via the most cost-effective route is key to servicing our partners & customers worldwide and growing the business.
It is an exciting time to join the International Team as it enters the growth phase of the transformation plan - a key pillar of which is the evolution of the supply chain. For example, as we seek to turbo charge our online business the advancement of the supply chain to provide a strong customer proposition while driving profitability is essential. Anther strategic focus will be to minimise the operational & financial impact of leaving the EU on our supply chain. The Finance business partner will be instrumental in helping guide the decision making in these strategic areas through business case development & tracking, alongside effective business partnering. Supply Chain forms the largest cost base for International and this role is pivotal in providing insight and analysis to control these costs.
About the role
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Building strong relationships in business partnering the International Supply Chain Leadership Team to support the delivery of the growth ambitions
- Offering financial and commercial insight into the strategic direction of the supply chain, advising and challenging the leadership team on matters beyond Finance
- Providing a key link into the International Foods, C&H & Online business units ensuring overall strategy is fully aligned to maximise omnichannel benefit
- Leading Finance support in negotiating new and existing commercial agreements with 3PLs
- Providing financial analysis and appraisal of strategic growth projects and investment decisions as well as subsequent tracking of delivery against agreed measures
- Taking overall responsibility of the Supply Chain cost base, overseeing preparation of management accounts and planning cycles
Your skills and experience will include:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Previous experience in a Supply Chain role preferred
- A clear communicator able to influence senior stakeholders, challenge appropriately and become a trusted business partner
- A critical thinker who can proactively generate suggestions on optimising performance and influence longer term strategic direction
- Sound commercial Financial acumen with a track record of guiding business partners through investment appraisals and providing decision support
- Can adapt and thrive in a changing and challenging environment working at pace and urgency
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of Power Bi advantageous
Interested? Apply to the vacancy with your CV and we will be in touch to discuss suitability. We look forward to hearing from you!