Location - Central Scotland
Salary - Competitive
Company Car + Great Benefits
Are you an experienced Field Service Engineer experienced in microscopes, vacuum systems or high capital intricate equipment looking for a new opportunity? If you're looking to progress your career, contribute your experience and add value to the industry leaders in electron microscopes, then this is the right opportunity for you!
As a Field Service Engineer, you will make a major impact on the business through your expertise, strong communication and organisational skills. Does this sound like you?
- Responsible for meeting daily service needs (diagnosis and repair, routine preventive maintenance, installation and commissioning) and driving customer satisfaction
- Document all service work and submits paperwork (or electronic equivalent) on a timely basis
- Orders, installs and returns parts and manages the repair parts cycle time (spare-part management)
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Finds alternative solutions for customers if products cannot be repaired in time
- Seeks to provide technical support to customers and colleagues as required
- Travel within the UK and Ireland for work and overseas for training
- Comply with and ensure compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies
- Experience with electron microscopes or high capital, complex electronics is desirable.
- Experience in a Field Service position previously desirable.
- Vacuum systems experience preferable.
- Electro-mechanical experience
- Experience with high tech imaging equipment is preferable
- Technical Apprenticeship (completed) or HNC or higher in technical qualification such as electronics, engineering, or a scientific qualification.
- Full National Driving Licence
- Permitted to work throughout Ireland; able to travel to UK and Germany for training
- HND or above or equivalent in a relevant technical qualification
- Specific training or equivalent competitor products, e.g., microscopes or laser systems.
If you believe that you are a good fit for the Field Service Engineer position, submit your CV now. We are more than happy to answer queries and help you with your journey.