Permanent - Full Time
Based in Poole
£12.71 per hour + excellent benefits
24% shift allowance for late shift - 15:00 to 01:00, 4 days a week
Overtime is available
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Fabricator to join a FTSE 250 International company who is the world leader in diffusion bonded heat exchangers. Their compact heat exchangers are used in the most demanding duties across power generation, LNG production and shipping, marine propulsion, oil & gas production, high performance cooling, and process industries.
Based at their state-of-the-art Headquarters in Poole, you will perform tasks as assigned by the Team Leader whilst ensuring compliance with all HSEQ requirements.
Using your existing Fabrication experience, you will perform routine welding and fabrication tasks meeting ASME IX standards whilst adhering to compliance with the welding procedures and workshop practices.
The role is an excellent opportunity to utilise your experience in an innovative industry and progress through a successful career where career development opportunities are provided.
- Carries out basic lifting operations. Additionally, carries out testing operations to include Helium, hydrostatic, weighing/lifting in accordance with work instructions
- Prepares vessels for additional processes as required, as well as preparation for final shipment
- Provides cover with material preparation for Fabrication including band saw operations, plasma cutting, marketing out material, grinding and fettling welds as required
- Ensures all documentation is complete and issued where necessary
- Ensure all HSE standards are achieved and maintained Job Specifications
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing drawings and weld maps
- Good understanding and working practice using lean tools
- Experience working with ASME IX requirements preferred
- oSlid written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and web-browsers)
What else do I need to know?
This is a permanent position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits including a defined contribution pension scheme, 25 days holiday, share save scheme, dental plan, life assurance and discount schemes.