Mon to Fri
£19,988.50 - £20,300 p/a
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Intern to join FTSE 250 International company specializing in components and sub-systems for the Aerospace, Defense and Energy markets. Working closely with their customers, my Client delivers technologically differentiated systems and products with high certification requirements in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets.
Using your experience as an Engineering Intern, you will:
- Improve AM capability within the Client (Project PEPE - Process Excellence Part Excellence) - the Client's AM cell will be new and require processes/plans to be developed to ensure part quality and data control. Examples of these processes would be operator processes, powder handling/testing, machine settings/calibration, part tracking/control etc.
- Complete test builds for a new manufacturing project; test builds on a small scale AM machine will need to be compared and validated against the large scale AM machine. The AM team will complete the small scale on-site; however, the larger scale will be completed later (~2024) with a project partner.
- Operations Manufacturing Technology Applications Engineering - Provide continuous improvement & step-change to newly established manufacturing cells (Thermal or Braking Systems). Develop digital work instruction roll out & operator aids, including industry 4.0 foundations. Drive root cause & corrective actions.
This role is an excellent opportunity to utilize your Engineering Intern experience in an innovative industry and progress through a successful career in the Aerospace sector. My Client provides full training and career development opportunities.
What experience do I need?
You will have to be studying Engineering or Engineering Operations based degree subject
We would also like to have experience of the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to adapt to different situations yet still deliver a positive result