Engineering Applications Solution Architect
Duration - Till the end of 2022
Rate: £650 a day PAYE
Our client is an international company specialising in components and sub systems for the aerospace, defence and energy markets.
As the Engineering Applications Solution Architect, you will provide expertise in designing, implementing and overseeing Engineering Applications Solutions to achieve defined business goals, and you will work across the Engineering Applications landscape to direct, produce or govern multiple Engineering system applications and act as the key point of contact for the Engineering applications architecture.
- Deep understanding of Product Life-cycle Management (PLM) and Engineering Applications best practice.
- Contribute to 5 year Enterprise Business Architecture Road-map in the context of engineering applications.
- Develop Future State Business Architecture (Infrastructure, Applications, Processes, Information Governance and Security) in relation to Engineering; ensuring it is flexible and able to support growth.
- Contribute to developing a robust, available, reliable and resilient IT infrastructure capable of meeting service delivery goals.
- Meet changing business needs quickly and cost effectively, ensuring that SLA's and KPI's are met. Deliver consistent high quality customer service.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use of commercial off-the shelf or already developed components.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal and/or external business issues to improve Information Technology products and services.
- Responsible for leading and shaping the end to end solution architecture across the engineering domain, whilst proactively engaging with Key stakeholders.
- Alignment of Engineering Applications systems' strategy and planning with company's business goals with strategic responsibility for the PLM and Engineering systems and services.
- Define and own the PLM and Engineering Applications focused architecture road-map aligned to business objectives.
- Contributes to required Business Architecture (Infrastructure, Applications, Processes, Information Governance and Security) in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Develop and own interim and future state architectures and contribute to design of interim and future solutions, and interfaces; work with Solutions Architect(s) and Business Analysts to sponsor/assure their designs and provide a consensus based solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronisation with business needs.
- Investigate, evaluate and propose the right mix of technologies to provide effective solution to business problems.
- Articulate and express various solutions in their micro and big picture form to Engineering stakeholders.
- Validate the designs and implementations following the laid-out principles and able to escalate the same to right stakeholders.
- Identify and lead optimisation initiatives from time to time.
- Maintains effective relationships with respective suppliers and other key partners.
- Input into disaster recovery and business continuity solutions.
- Maximise use of 3rd party and cloud solutions to deliver scalability and unit priced computing.
If you feel you are a good match for this position please submit your CV for review.