Stonehouse, United Kingdom
The Electrical Engineer will be tasked with assisting in providing innovative and cost-effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures, or products. The Electrical Engineer also assists in planning, conducting, and evaluating approaches to meeting the project goals in a timely fashion. These activities are performed in line with company strategy, and in conformity to relevant standards.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in identifying and organising requirements. Apply relevant usability procedures.
- Analyse, design, develop and maintain products and assist in their commercialisation.
- Build prototypes, products, and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab simulations. Design and implement tests, document results, and develop customer presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
- Produce analyses and mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code, and other artefacts. Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
- Create and maintain product documentation. Provide support to field and customers through InTouch. Provide user training as required.
- Assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. With seniority, mentor junior engineers.
- Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risk.
- Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents, and presentations. Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups. Expand informal network throughout the organisation.
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily to develop innovative and low-cost products.
- Maintain familiarity with company technology, organisation, and business.
Qualifications and competencies:
- BS or MS: Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- More than 3 years experiences in electrical engineering
- Strong mentoring/training skills
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- Quartz oscillators, Wheatstone type measuring bridge, measurement in general
- Calibration and metrology
- Power electronics
- Electronics in high temperature, components and PWA