Title: Electrical Technician
Duration: 12 months
Rate: £250 Per Day (Inside IR35)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide electrical support to this facility, reporting to the controls, systems and instrumentation: Farnborough team leader.
- Installing, maintaining, modifying and repairing electrical systems in the facility
- Ensuring that electrical systems adhere to the relevant electrical safety standards and regulations
- Ensure you adhere to QinetiQ health and safety requirements.
- Troubleshooting electrical faults / issues and repairing them
- Conducting general electrical systems maintenance in accordance with the facility PPM tool
- Support customer trials, Must be prepared to work double-day shifts as required
- Maintain documentation for electrical systems.
- Portable appliance testing.
Desired skill, knowledge and qualifications
- Good degree (or equivalent level) in a rigorous engineering, scientific, or mathematical Completed a 3-4 year recognised apprenticeship with as a minimum, a Level 3 technical and vocational qualification or Level 3 Diploma.
- 2+ years of experience as an electrical technician
- Proven practical experience in the installation and maintenance of electrical systems
- Must be able to work at heights and within confined spaces
- 18th edition certification would be preference but would train from 17th.
- Health and Safety knowledge of working on sites and completing reporting
- A good working knowledge of electrical systems e.g. rotating machines and variable speed drives
- A reasonable working knowledge of control systems e.g. PLCs and instrumentation
- Ability to read technical drawings and use them to fault find complex electrical systems