Salary: £28,000 - £35,000
Have you recently completed an Electrical/Engineering Apprentieship or Degree. This might be for you.
We have an exciting opportunity to join a science and technology organisation that operate in the defence industry. We work across multiple domains including defence (Land, Air, Maritime) Cyber, Space and Intelligence on lots of exciting projects and we are looking for an Electrical Technician to join our engineering team to be responsible for developing, maintaining and sustaining our control systems.
You will need experience of working with control systems and Programme Logic Controllers and will work on a wide variety of systems and sub-systems that support facility operation e.g. rotating machines, variable speed drives, PLC's, plant control and instrumentation.
This role will be on-site in Farnborough, and will support our businesses in across the UK.
- Provide technical knowledge and electrical skills to work alongside other engineers as part of our multi-disciplinary team
- Maintain and upgrade electrical control systems when required
- Fault finding
- Conduct general electrical maintenance and pre-planned preventative work within our facility
- Involved in work within confined spaces
- Basic knowledge of and experience with rotating machines and variable speed drives desirable
- Able to troubleshoot, then repair and/or rectify basic electrical faults
- Support customer trials (changing standard working hours to shifts when needed)
Key Skills & Experience
The following areas of experience would be desirable but not essential.
- Experience with of health and safety processes as well as awareness of non-statutory and statutory regs
- Electrical (or closely related) apprenticeship in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- 1 year's practical experience maintaining electrical systems within and industrial environment
- 18th edition IET wiring regulations certification, desirable
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.