Job title: Multi-Skilled Engineer Location: Kyle of Lochalsh Company: QinetiQ
About the role
We are looking for a Multi-Skilled Engineer (can be Electrical or Mechanical) to join our FM Maintenance Team Provide maintenance support (including installations; planned, preventive & corrective maintenance) in relation to site services, plant / equipment & buildings.
You will be work across the site which has a multitude of different types of buildings of which you will be providing technical maintenance support. You will find yourself covering a variety electrical and mechanical maintenance tasks which can involve PPM, repair and RM on; air conditioning faults, electrical faults, testing and inspecting water systems and water tanks, PAT testing, gas boilers, emergency lighting and more.
You will be working on our industrial base Butec, Kyle of Lochalsh in Scotland and will have the opportunity to learn new skills and develop into and array of different areas across QinetiQ.
What do I need?
Experience in some of the following areas would be desirable, but not essential.
- Mechanical OR Electrical bias (or experience with both)
- Engineering / Technical qualification: Apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 (in a relevant discipline electrical, Mechanical, HVac
- Good knowledge and level of competency in other areas of building services (BMS, electrical or mechanical services)
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Full clean driving license
- Hold HUET certification, or demonstrate the desire and ability to achieve it
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
What will I be doing?
Using your electrical and mechanical maintenance experience you will be working on a range of different projects across the site including the following.
- Provide maintenance support (including installations; planned, preventive & corrective maintenance) in relation to site services, plant / equipment & buildings
- Prioritisation of work programme to satisfy business needs
- Ensure robust application of health, safety & environmental procedures & processes
- Ensure maintenance standards and quality of work delivered are to the required level
- Oversee the conduct of contractors on site; monitoring the implementation & performance of tasks allocated