London (flexiworking with 2 days in the office)
Due to whole company growth a new opportunity has risen with one of the worlds largest Energy Engineering oganisations for an Editor/Copywriter to joing their team based within the UK. You will play a vital role within driving new agendas across multiple platforms to sensure their continuation with diversification within the space.
As a key member of the Digital & Integration marketing communications team, the D&I copywriter/editor reports to the Digital & Integration Communication Manager, working closely with them, other members of the team, and on their own initiative, to draft and finalise written communications to the high standards expected. Their work involves proactively communicating with our technical community (marketing, geoscientists, product champions, project managers, and operations managers) and customers to develop marketing communications.
Responsibilities and Duties to Include:
- Draft content for marketing and public relations collaterals including social media, brochures, advertising, web content, press releases and other marketing communication materials
- Write executive talking points and scripts for events, interviews, webcasts and podcasts
- Proofread and perform editorial reviews of previously written content to ensure it meets corporate guidelines and standards
- Cooperate with our partner companies and customers, such as Microsoft, Google, and IBM, to develop joint marketing initiatives
- Work with graphic designers/video/podcast producers to produce/edit right message
- Collect verbal briefs from stakeholders for producing marketing content
- Work directly with project managers or requesters to develop messages and draft content
- Produce final copy for internal and external channels from technical drafts and notes, or based on information obtained from project stakeholders
- Idea creating for new content, and how to improve content in already existing channels
- Work with different owners in the marketing department to ensure full utilization of content (e.g. GA, SEO, web content audit)
- Participate periodically at relevant events
- Other support for D&I communications (writing and editing for executive and customer presentations, global webcasts, etc)
Previous Experience and Competencies:
Education: BS/BA/MSC (similar) preferred in journalism, business, marketing, media, communications.
Experience: At least three years' professional experience in editing and writing for all formats, producing technical reports, and writing for web. Familiarity with the principles of the oil and gas industry is preferable, but not essential, though a keen interest in science and technology is beneficial.