Title: Device Design Engineer
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: £18 p/h Inside IR35
- Design and development of membrane chromatography housings and ancillary equipment.
- Running hardware development projects involving developing new or refining/existing product features and assembly processes.
- Writing design specifications, creating drawings, evaluating designs, prototyping assemblies, prototype testing and writing technical reports.
- Liaising with suppliers to manage the build of prototypes and pre-production units and subsequently support moving the design outcome into internal and subcontractor production.
- Designing and conducting key laboratory testing work for critical support activities to drive greater application knowledge around the materials in areas such as injection molding, device fabrication, and flow properties.
- Supporting product validation, verification, testing and trouble-shooting activities with manufacturing personnel.
- Minimum 2:1 Master's / Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical / Design Engineering or similar technical background.
- 2+ years' experience in engineering design, preferably within a cGMP environment
- A practical and hands-on approach to problem solving
- A diligent and keen experimentalist
- Effectively communicate and justify experimental plans and results
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Experience using a 3D CAD package (preferably SolidWorks) to design parts and assemblies
- A solid understanding of DFMA
- Experience in CFD/electronics/robotics/programming/ is advantageous