Development Scientist - Molecular Biology
12 month contract | Full-Time
£20 per hour (via PAYE)
Genomics & Diagnostic Solutions
We are expanding our capabilities in our Genomics Consumables business and looking to engage the appropriate expertise to lead technical contributions in this product area, with a particular focus on Molecular Diagnostic and Next Generation Sequencing workflows.
Experience relating to genomic/molecular biology technologies and applications e.g., primer and oligonucleotide design; nucleic acid extraction, purification and analysis; PCR; qRT-PCR; nucleic acid sequence analysis; gel electrophoresis; statistics; use of magnetic particles in applications and products is desired. Familiarity with the use of automated liquid handling systems for these applications and NGS/bioinformatics/data analysis would be an advantage.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join our dedicated, motivated, and innovative team. Located at the Cardiff, UK site and reporting to the local site R+D Leader.
You will be involved in the transition of projects from research to development, manufacture and product launch, as well as post launch activities such as customer issues and support, being capable of lone working but also able to work within and influencing cross-functional teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and completion of appropriate test and characterization procedures, pilot trials, and commercial field delivery.
- Work with cross functional teams defining and prioritizing objectives, critical success factors and deliverables, develop design and process validation, as well as design transfer protocols, project plans and ensure adherence to schedules and project deadlines. Drive manufacturing transfer, efficiency, and reliability.
- Address regulatory issues to enable products that are developed, manufactured, or distributed to meet required standards.
- Work with the team to deliver quality outcomes on time and within budget.
We are looking for candidates with experience with MRs e.g. medium or large-scale industrial environment, diagnostic, CRO or clinical analytical assay setting. Working knowledge of Medical Device 13485 or other Quality Systems Management/Medical device experience would be beneficial.
- Sound technical and domain experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and results orientation.
- Able to motivate the team and drive a sense of urgency on meeting commitments.
- Demonstrated LEAN skills.
Interested? Apply urgently with your CV and we will be in touch. We look forward to hearing from you!