£45k - £50k + 5% Bonus
My client is a world-leading pioneer of scientific optics with over 35,000 employees around the globe. Their ground-breaking research and technological progress are shaping the evolution of the optics and opto-electronic industries. They develop, produce, and distribute highly innovative solutions that are extending the horizon of the world of optics and associated areas.
They are looking for an experienced and motivated Development Engineer with substantial industry knowledge to join their team at their Cambourne site where they are developing cutting-edge microscopy solutions.
The Development Engineer will play an essential role in the product development process.
- Contribute to the development of new and existing products and processes
- Generate technical improvements and solutions
- Maintain system and programming specifications to meet manufacturing and quality needs during series production
Key areas of involvement:
- Electron optics
- Signal detection
- Vacuum systems
- Anti-vibration systems
What do I need to do the role?
- Minimum 2-5 years' engineering experience in a production environment
- Well-rounded interaction with Electrical, Electronic & Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with the development and implementation of new products
- Knowledge and experience of engineering change-management processes
- Degree educated in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience
What else do I need to know?
- This is an on-site role with hybrid working opportunities.
- Occasional UK and international travel may be required