Job title - Debt Sec Ops (DSO) Delivery Management Supervisor/SME
Location - London, Canary Wharf/Remote
Rate - Up to £385 PAYE or Umbrella £494
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 12 months
Our financial services client is currently seeking a Debt Sec Ops (DSO) Delivery Management Supervisor/SME to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will initially be for 12 months.
This role is within the MSS Operations function within the Delivery for Debt Settlements and is in Canary Wharf, London.
The primary responsibility of the DSO Delivery Management Team is to provide effective position management across The Banks's cash nostros and domestic / Euroclear securities account and offer depot management services which facilitate settlement of fixed income trades across all markets. The DSO Delivery Management team forms part of the Fixed Income Securities operations department, which is a function within Market Operations hence the Supervisory role should ensure the effective running of the team on a day-to-day basis.
Key deliverables of this role include the following:
- Operate supervisory controls for the day-to-day activities of the Delivery Management function across all markets for cash trades and repos, including a strong focus on Triparty repo and complex processing. Ensure the team proactively managing the bank's inventory for optimal cost/efficiency in conjunction with feedback from the trading and repo desks.
- Responsible for ensuring that The Bank are aware of related industry & regulatory change and are proactively adapting to that change and providing educational updates internally and to key stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with the Change team to review and on-board new product requests that have been raised and approved through the NPDD (New Product Due Diligence) process.
- Responsible for reviewing the Euroclear borrow and lending activity for optimal cost/efficiency in conjunction with feedback from the trading and repo desks
- Provide oversight and guidance to the offshore teams in managing inventory across markets and depots, whilst ensuring 'focus' client and high value trades are managed effectively.
- Review all processes for the Delivery Management roles and identify, design, and implement STP solutions.
- Ensure adherence to the Security Ops control framework including daily team check lists, weekly risk and control reporting and month end SOX sign off.
- Supervision of Operations Funding to ensure that all Fixed Income Nostros are funded accurately and in a timely manner.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of the Fixed Income Pre/Post Business and trade lifecycle
- Market expert for both domestic markets and Euroclear, thorough knowledge of settlement deadlines and market specific rules, Euroclear borrow / lend program and the Euroclear Buy-In Procedure.
- Experience of attending industry forums and reacting to industry led change.
- Technical expert on position management for both cash and Stock - Depot Management, proactive use of stock ladders and strong understanding of the 'Home Market' concept.
- Considdered to be a market expert in repo and stock loan, including all trade types and associated events ie Borrow vs Fee, OTC collateral , BSB, DVP, re-prices, rolls, substitutions, terminations, variable and fixed rate.
- Proven track record of working in partnership with a repo /financing trading desk.
- Front to back comprehensive knowledge of Triparty through the major agents (Euroclear, JPM, BONY), including experience of account setup, collateral optimisation, giver & taker and interoperability.
- Proven track record of implementing repo change.
- Demonstrable understanding of risk and control
- Excellent client service skill set and proven track record of client delivery
- Ability to work accurately in a pressurised environment.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Motivated worker who is quick to learn and adapt to change.
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong project management skills, ability to identify a problems and suggest/implement solutions.
Must have the following:
- LIQUIDITY MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
- BUY IN PROCESS NEEDED.
- MANAGE CONVERSIONS.
- previous experience working in a Tier 1 Bank.
If you are relevant or interested, please contact me at