Role: CyDye Lab Technician
Duration: 6 months initially
Rate: £10.91/hour - £12/hour depending in experience
The CyDye Laboratory Technician role will report the CyDye team leader and will be responsible for the synthesis and QC testing of part of the CyDye product portfolio, as well as the dispensing and final packing of materials for shipment. They will be required to carry out chemistry process to assist in the manufacture of CyDye intermediates, and complete analysis of these products to ensure they meet predetermined specifications. The team produces 150 CyDye products and in addition supports other product lines within Biological production.
Key responsibilities include:
- To carry out the chemical synthesis and purification of Cyanine Dye linked compounds, by following set established protocols.
- To complete analysis via HPLC and UV of intermediates and final components manufactured.
- Carry out the final dilution, dispensing and packaging of products, including QC analysis.
- Work as part of a team within the lab area contributing towards housekeeping activities required.
- Support team leader in manufacturing products to the time, cost and quality required, and raising any deviations from set procedures in a clear and timely manner.
- Follow set procedures and use good documentation practice to complete all required documentation.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BSc in Chemistry, Biology or similar, or relevant laboratory experience.
- A keen interest in the manufacture of quality chemical products.
- Knowledge and experience of working with HPLC, TLC, separation & filtration equipment and a range of column purification techniques, as well as setting up apparatus for simple chemical reactions, is desirable.
- Experience working with milligram and microlitre level quantities.
- Ability to work as part of a team to deliver on commitments to our customers.
- Knowledge of computers and common software packages such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
To apply please send your CV in the first instance