Mon to Fri
Up to £23,000 p/a
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Account Representative to join an FTSE 250 International company specializing in components and sub-systems for the Aerospace, Defence and Energy markets.
Using your experience as a Customer Account Representative, you will undertake:
- Receives, reviews, and enters purchase orders into the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Raise quotes and customer documentation, prioritizing workload to ensure the customer receives an excellent service at all times.
- Respond to various customer emails and telephone calls to manage their orders and enquiries; the Customer Account Representative will serve as the primary point of contact by customers' buyers and supply chain personnel.
- Coordinate site visits to the Client's facilities and set up customer meetings as required.
- Refer any pricing queries to the Senior Customer Account Representative and the Commercial functions to ensure accurate pricing is applied.
- Track and reconcile internal and external customer scorecards, which includes verifying the metrics by which the Client is judged.
- Gathers information from Finance, Procurement, Demand Planning and Manufacturing departments to produce accurate costing sheets.
- Use SAP product recognition to identify runner/repeater parts and what can be sold to the customer and check lead times. For any stranger/alien parts, raise the relevant enquiry process.
- Upon receiving orders for "out-of-production" products, gather the necessary information to prepare a quotation, including pricing, production time, and the Client's terms and conditions.
- Deliver quotations to customers and coordinate with various functional leaders to ensure questions are answered until the order is received or the opportunity is closed as lost.
- Monitor and actively manage customer portals to ensure prices, quantities, lead times, and contract terms are acceptable by authority delegated by appropriate functional leaders (i.e., Finance, Commercial, and Operations).
- Utilize business systems, including Salesforce/CRM, portal management and workflow tools, to expedite receiving, reviewing, responding and booking orders.
- Works to resolve customer complaints, including warranty, delivery, or quantity disputes, at the lowest level in the most beneficial manner for the Client by collaborating with other functions and seeking appropriate management approval.
- Attend and occasionally participate in Daily Layered Accountability meetings and collaborate with Finance, Operations, Sales, Planning, and Procurement personnel to communicate changes to demand, assist with production forecasting and convey information to and from customers.
- Other tasks as assigned, which will typically include supporting the Senior Customer Account Representatives.
The role is an excellent opportunity to utilize your Customer Account Representative experience in an innovative industry and progress through a successful career in the aerospace sector. My Client provides full training and career development opportunities.
What do we require?
You will have a Bachelor's degree or at least 1-2 years of relevant industry experience (customer service, MS Office Suite, SAP, Salesforce.com, Robot morning/demand line)
We would also like you to have:
- 2 + years of experience in customer service
- Aware of the regulations about the products and customers for which the employee is responsible (i.e., FAR, DFARS, DEFCON, etc.)
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Well-organized, conscientious, and able to multi-task
- Ability to follow detailed instructions to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web browsers.