Role Title: Credit Valuation Controller
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £357.50 - PAYE / £458.74 - Umbrella
The Global Valuations Group is part of Global Product Control and undertakes four main activities: Valuations, Global Valuation Reporting, Quantitative Analysis and Quantitative Infrastructure Development.
The Role is within the European Valuations team. The Valuations team is responsible for the Valuation control framework, focusing on Independent Price Verification (IPV), Fair Value Adjustments (FVA), model governance and Prudent Valuation Adjustments (PVA) in Paris and London.
- Contributing to Valuations' deliverables, ensuring risk factor completeness by engaging with Finance teams, Front Office, Risk, and project managers
- Work to deliver product control objectives on quality, efficiency, adaptability, and sustainability through streamlining the processes across London, Paris and Krakow.
- Provide cover for some of the Valuations responsibilities, principally in the Credit space
- Enhance and streamline solutions for global consistency
- Liaising with Finance Regulatory projects team to understand requirements, deliverables, milestones, and timelines
- Contributing to strategy to achieve the valuations across the differing scenarios, and how to achieve such within existing or new infrastructure
- Support the migration to automated platforms. Contribute to internal projects to streamline production
- Build relationships with key stakeholders including other Product Control Functions, IT, Front Office, Group Finance, Market Risk Management and Credit Risk Management.
- Contribute to key projects, drive it forward and keep management up to date on progress
- Assist in regular re-valuation exercises
- Apply knowledge to consider where market data or risk sensitivity are stale or need to be approximated using sensible alternatives
- Help improve and ensure global consistency of the Fair Value methodologies, processes, and governance.
- Ensure the communication with the project teams/business is seamless and consistent.
- Ensure that the governance and control of fair value is adhered to.
- Work with Analytics & Valuations to identify the need for, and implementation of, fair value adjustments.
- Ensure Valuation Group FIM requirements and other applicable accounting / regulatory standards are met.
- Drive standardization and streamlining of processes within the Valuations Group.
- Strong Analytical background.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and management ability.
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels of seniority through collaboration and influencing skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to articulate key valuation issues to Senior Stakeholders in a non-technical manner.
- Experience with credit