Coordinating Authorised Person - Electrical Systems
£40,000 - £45,000
Farnborough, Salisbury, Portsmouth
A global defence company are looking to recruit an experienced Authorised Person (AP) to join the team, covering multiple sites in the South of England with each site being unique and requiring different safe systems.
The successful candidate will provide dedicated technical expertise and mentoring to the existing site based Authorised Persons, in relevant disciplines. You will provide essential safe system planning and development support to sites and AP resource.
- Planning and developing safe systems of work for activities in relation to the specialist discipline / area
- Providing professional expertise in the relevant discipline(s) / subject matters; sharing knowledge / understanding with the region's AP resource & SITE Engineering, Technical & Project teams.
- Ensuring adoption and application of the required safe systems of work; including relevant statutory compliance, across the site
- Maintain knowledge, awareness of developments, changes in legislation, standards & innovation
- Ensure robust application of health, safety & environmental procedures & processes
- Ensure maintenance standards and quality of work delivered are to the required level
- Oversee and manage contractors on site; monitoring & ensuring the implementation & performance of tasks allocated
- Identify & ensure all key assets are available and appropriately maintained; making recommendations on improvements & additional requirements to FM / Business leads, as appropriate
- AP Certification in HV/LV Electrical Systems
- A good working knowledge of applicable regulations and legislation (JSP375)
- A working knowledge of project management
- Experienced in Health & Safety and compliance