Contracts and Commercial Lawyer
Full Flexible On Location - Hybrid working available
12 Months Contract
Flexible Rate - Inside IR35
We are also looking for a Commercial Lawyer to join our Legal team as maternity cover for up to 12 months. Our team is be based at our Westwood offices in Coventry and our Newstead offices in Nottingham but we operate a hybrid working model so there is some flexibility as to location.
Our Legal Team provides specialist in-house legal advice across all of our businesses in the UK. Whilst all members of the UK Legal Team are required to be flexible in their approach and are afforded opportunities to support across all of our activities, we are looking for Commercial lawyers to join our team to provide support to our energy solutions businesses.
The role will be focussed on providing day to day assistance to client energy infrastructure services businesses, in particular supporting:
- all aspects of client broad energy solutions offering to B2B customers, including the provision of funded and non-funded infrastructure solutions such as distributed energy generation and supply (power and heat) and energy/process efficiency improvements, alongside consultancy, energy management and flexibility/optimisation services; and
- all aspects of our district heating business, including advising on commercial and construction contracts relevant to this business and a basic understanding of property arrangements relevant to district heating projects.
What do we need from you?
- To be a UK qualified solicitor or barrister with post qualification commercial experience
- Recent or current experience advising on, drafting and negotiating commercial arrangements, either in a reputable private practice setting or an in-house function
- Strong business acumen with a practical, commercial approach to problem solving
- Can work independently and pro-actively but also as a reliable member of a team
- Hardworking approach with flexibility to work to tight timescales in a fast paced environment
- Have great interpersonal skills with the ability to deal confidently and build strong and trusting relationships with business colleagues
- Have excellent English written and verbal communication skills
It would be great if you:
- Have experience in the UK energy sector
- Can apply technical legal expertise and knowledge to a matter whilst providing customer focused, risk-weighted and solution orientated advice
Please submit your CV in the first instance.