Title: Conjugation Chemist
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Cardiff - on site
Rate: £24 - £27 an hour Umbrella Inside IR35 or £20.50 an hour PAYE
You will be working for a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics.
As a Conjugation Chemist you will be working in a laboratory environment where you will be working on custom services projects for customers, taking specific requirements and working through to the development phase.
- Bio-molecular conjugation and chemical modification design, specification, characterisation and analysis for use (primarily) in customer magnetic bead assay applications.
- Support the development and optimisation of conjugation chemistry for a variety of conjugates.
- Designing and complete appropriate test and characterisation procedures.
- Develop and execute process validation and transfer activities for prototypes moving into Manufacturing.
- Prepare and present technical data with internal and external collaborators.
- Working with cross functional teams across to support project plans and ensure adherence to schedules and project deadlines.
- Maintain accurate records and document experimental results in elab notebooks.
A chemist with ~1-3 years synthetic or biological chemistry experience. Have a BSc, Phd or equivalent, relating to development of conjugated bio-molecules; chemical modification of bio-molecules, molecular, immuno or other biological assay application. Experience of working within a large-scale industrial environment would be beneficial.
If this role is of interest, please do submit your CV for review.