Composites Lab Technician, Sr
Mon to Fri
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Composites Lab Technician, Sr, to join FTSE 250 International company specializing in components and sub-systems for the Aerospace, defence and energy markets. Working closely with their customers, my Client delivers technologically differentiated systems and products with high certification requirements in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets.
From the F135 to the LEAP engines, my Client enables customers to meet and exceed the most critical engine requirements in the industry.
Using your experience as a Composites Lab Technician, Sr, you will:
- Performs a variety of tasks and works on jobs that are moderately difficult to complex
- Sets up test equipment, and tests per specification
- Performs troubleshooting of analogue and digital circuitry malfunctions to the component level
- Provides detailed written failure description with root cause analysis to production and engineering
- Follows written and verbal instructions and adheres to all company guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment, an acceptable safety record and follows company safety rules
- Assists other departments with tasks in other production cells/locations and trains less experienced staff
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
The role is an excellent opportunity to utilize your Composites Lab Technician, Sr experience in an innovative industry and progress through a successful career in the Aerospace sector. My Client provides full training and career development opportunities.
What experience do I need?
You will have a secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
We would also like to experience the following:
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships, or the equivalent experience in a related field
Years' Experience: 5 years or more of relevant experience
- Skilled in the use of test equipment, hand tools, power tools and electric soldering
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, and sketches
- Able to solve complex problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents and procedures/scientific methods
- Effective oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Proficient Microsoft Windows software applications