Mon to Fri
£24,609.28 - £30,000 p/a
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Composite Fitter to join a British international company specialising in components and sub-systems for the aerospace, defence and selected energy markets.
Using your experience as a Composite Fitter you will
- Fitting and Trimming of composite components and composite moulds for projects in the Aerospace industries requiring strong attention to detail, cost and quality.
- Carrying out work in adherence to technical drawings, internal and external specifications and build instructions as appropriate ensuring accuracy and process documentation.
- Bonding and trimming assemblies in accordance with defined standards.
- Fettling moulds and patterns in accordance with defined standards.
- Cutting and bonding of pattern materials in accordance with defined standards.
- Working with manufacturing engineering to help the development of standard work instructions and taking part in design for manufacture workshops for new product introduction.
- Identifying, defining and supporting the introduction of continuous improvement activities in the area of trimming and assembly.
What experience do I need?
You will be able to understand specific instructions and procedures.
We would also require experience in the following:
- Ability to research and use data effectively
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
- Good/Strong/Excellence verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Well-organized and conscientious
- Once trained, ability to work and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
- Team building Skills
- Decision making skills
- Setting structures in trim and assembly jigs
- Drilling/Reaming/Countersinking panels with Vanmar tools
- Fettling using appropriate tools and equipment
- Mixing and used of adhesives and sealants
- Percussion riveting
- Treatment touch-up in localised areas on composite
- Ability to read drawings