Location - Devonport
6 Months Contract
Rate - £60ph - Umbrella
To be part of a small team of Engineers within the Commissioning Group (Warships), (DTO) carrying out inspections, testing and diagnostics on HM Warships Marine Systems.
- The process includes liaising with both Royal Navy and Project staff on a daily basis.
- Work will involve inspection and Testing of Ships systems and equipment; work will mainly be on RN Warships but will also support on occasion Landing Craft
- Writing of Test Documentation will also be required at times.
- Inspecting and Testing methods and Test Form Process
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Time served Apprenticeship in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering ONC or Equivalent in a Relevant Engineering discipline, a lower level of qualification may be acceptable provided the post holder has substantial and relevant experience.
- Successful applicants will need to satisfy MoD security requirements
- Knowledge of Ship Systems/Equipment's - Type 23/ Type 45 / LPD's and future platforms
- Experience of commissioning process advantageous
- Flexibility and good team player essential.
- Competent with Office suite Inc Word, Excel etc - other software experience not essential