£50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits + Bonus + Hybrid working
Farnborough, Malvern, Bristol, Salisbury
A major global defence company is looking for a Commercial Manager to provide commercial and contracts advice and support within multi-disciplined teams. We are looking for a strategic thinker, who can support the overall business objectives for growth and innovation (UK and International) and demonstrate an awareness and forethought beyond the task at hand with a three-year planning horizon.
You will be responsible for providing commercial and contracts support to a diverse portfolio of projects from initial opportunity identification through to contract completion, as well as all aspects of commercial and contractual support including customer bidding and contracting, advising on export and import control (in support of our trade solutions team), risk management, change control, contract and document drafting, and issue resolution.
There will be opportunity to travel throughout the UK and possibly overseas. You will be engaging at senior management level within the business and you may have line management responsibility for more junior members of the team.
- Delivering valuable and complex negotiations, influencing senior stakeholders, for mutual benefit
- Applying critical thinking and analysis to make effective customer focused decisions
- Able to influence pricing strategy (including price to win, and pay, performance and incentivisation) in contracts to maximise profitability
- Able to design and lead on deal structures, gaining buy in at director level
- 3+ years of practical experience in commercial role
- Able to demonstrate general commercial acumen on tenders and contracts which are typically non-standard, of medium to high complexity, or supporting senior commercial staff on major projects, or new business campaigns
- Relevant degree or IACCM (WCC) Advanced Practitioner status (or higher) or MCIPS qualified
- Experience working in the Defence industry, or other highly regulated industries advantageous
If you're interested in finding out more, please get in touch.