£18.81 Per Hour
9 Month Contract
Roles and Responsibilities
- Set and operate a 5 Axis CNC machine.
- Multi-manning of more than one machine / piece of equipment, where applicable, will be required.
This role could also include the setting and operating of conventional machines, where required
- Ability to use a range of measuring equipment such as micrometers, verniers, diameter gauges, comparators etc.
- Produce first off component of the batch and inspect before proceeding to rest of batch, liaising with CMM inspection where required.
- Accountable for inspecting and ensuring that all components comply with drawings, and/or layouts.
- If required, perform dressing of components.
- Perform tool maintenance as necessary to support lights-out machining and to minimise downtime of equipment.
- A good standard of general education is required.
- An engineering apprenticeship is desirable, although training will be given.
- 2 years similar experience in an engineering manufacturing facility making a similar product.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings.