Duration: 5-6 months
Pay: £18 an hour PAYE
Rotating shift pattern
Responsible for setting and operating CNC conventional plant and equipment including conversational CNC machines. Some undertaking of bench dressing duties. Part of a multidisciplinary team achieving performance measures, continuous improvement and first line maintenance objectives.
- Accountable for inspecting and ensuring that all components comply with drawings, and/or layouts.
- Set and operate a variety of CNC machines, which could include grinding, EDM, turning, milling or mill/turn configuration etc, including the FMS type equipment.
- To attend and contribute to Daily Layered Accountability (DLA) meetings and to support the ongoing progression of MPS within a HPC environment.
- Ability to work within and contribute to a team type approach of working and participate in the continual improvement process essential for the ongoing development of the cell.
- Individual Process Control (PC) stamping (or electronic equivalent) of planning cards to certify inspection / quality conformance of the product being processed & that the correct process technique was followed.
- To maintain component traceability of parts throughout the manufacturing process & reporting of any documentation errors to supervision.
- Responsible for the associated paperwork that supports the manufacturing documentation required for the product being processed.
- To maintain good housekeeping and 6-S in the work area.
- To clean and perform first line maintenance on machinery / equipment used.
- Comply with company and HS&E procedures.
- A good standard of general education is required.
- Experience in 4 axis or 5 axis
- Experience of close tolerances - closer than .001 of an inch
- An engineering apprenticeship is desirable, although training will be given.
- 2 years similar experience in an engineering manufacturing facility making a similar product.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings.
- The ability to use inspection equipment associated with this role is essential.
- Good computer skills are desirable, as is a knowledge of the computer systems used (SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook etc).
- Knowledge of Mazak, Fanuc and Siemens machine controllers
If you feel you are a good fit for this position please submit your CV to be reviewed.