£20-25 Per Hour (Umbrella)
6 Month Contract
The right candidate will have produced machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a CNC machine. Working within tight tolerances whilst maintaining high quality standards and safety conditions. Keeping records whilst maintaining equipment and tooling.
Job Duties / Responsibilities.
- Plans Machining by studying engineering drawings, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters. Interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Completion of route cards and engineering documents.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- 3 Axis experience essential but some 5 axis knowledge would be preferred.
- Able to support and challenge design to make working processes more efficient.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Able to deliver parts within agreed timescales and agreed costs.
- Willing to be flexible sometimes at short notice to meet customer expectations, sometimes of site.
- Maintains specifications by observing milling, drilling, knurling, cutting, facing, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Demonstrate ability to use measuring equipment to ensure work is correct prior to submitting to inspection.
- Explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments, ie cutter usage, consumables.
- To work as a team to achieve tight delivery demands and support fellow work colleagues.
- Operation and use of lifting equipment, modern power and hand tools and equipment.
- Good knowledge of modern computing with preferable experience of multiple CNC controls.
- Operation of CNC and Manual mills, and lathes, pillar drills, grinders.
- Familiar with FANUC, SIEMENS, MAZAK CNC controls
- SOLID WORKS with SOLID CAM would be preferred.
For more information, please click APPLY NOW.