Job Title: Civil & Structural Engineer
Location: Devonport, Plymouth, PL1 4SG
Rate: £60 P/HOUR - Inside IR35 - Umbrella
Role Type: Contract - 24 Months
We have a new opportunity for a Civil / Structural Engineer to join our client at their Devonport site in the Major Structures Group. You will join part of the wider Facilities Engineering Technical Authority that is responsible for all technical aspects of through life management of the infrastructure across Devonport Royal Dockyard to ensure the wide range of facilities are operational and fit for purpose.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Civil or Structural Engineer to join us at Devonport and support projects across the site, from new nuclear qualified design to through life maintenance of waterfront and building infrastructure.
What will you be doing?
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Providing technical advice.
- Developing new analysis and design solutions.
- Undertaking surveys and inspections of structural assets.
- Preparing technical Scopes and Specifications.
- Overseeing fabrication and construction
- Providing intelligent customer role in support of subcontracts.
The experience you will bring
- You will be either educated to degree level in Civil, Structural or related engineering discipline, or hold a level 4/5 STEM qualification (HNC/HND) with substantial relevant experience.
- You need to possess good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with others, including internal stakeholders and customers.
- A sound understanding of engineering design both theoretical and practical.
- A willingness to adapt and learn.