Rate: £15-£18 per hour PAYE
Duration: 6 months (possibility extension to 12 months for the right candidate)
Location: Stevenage - (70% office based, but can work from home when writing reports)
We are looking for an experienced Synthetic Chemist to work with the Chemistry team with employees across the world. Do you have a passion for employing synthetic chemistry skills to produce functional materials.
- Use a range of synthetic chemistries to produce functionalised membrane materials
- Functionalise membranes with biological or chemical ligands for use in the next generation of affinity chromatography applications, towards expansion of companies Fibro range of products
- Work closely with Materials Scientists, Engineers and Biologists to support activities including chemical analysis, reactor design, device fabrication, reactor and applications testing
- Take detailed lab notes and use these to write up accurate protocols and technical reports
- Carry out and document COSHH and Risk Assessments
- Minimum BSc or equivalent in chemistry from an accredited institution, with modules including organic chemistry
- Experience carrying out a range of practical organic chemistry techniques in a laboratory environment is essential
- 3 months experience of synthetic organic chemistry working in industry (Chemical or Biotechnology) is desirable
- Experience or good working knowledge of chemical analysis techniques such as GC-FID, SEC-HPLC, Raman Spectroscopy is desirable
- Proven aptitude for problem solving, flexibility to adapt to changing project priorities, good attention to detail and a strong team player
If you feel you are suitable and wish to apply, then please send your CV.