Jefferson Wells are interested in speaking with experienced Procurement specialists, with a focus on buying/category management for indirect spend. We have a role for a Sourcing Manager which will be reporting into the category lead, working for a Global defence technology business based in Farnborough, although WFH/Hybrid working options will be considered.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong background in indirect sourcing, to manage annual spend of up to £70 million, focusing on areas such as Finance, recruitment, legal, marketing & HR to name a few. Experience of Indirect buying/category management will be needed to be successful in this role.
What will I be doing?
- Negotiating terms, discounts & long term contracts with suppliers
- Processing requisitions & purchase orders for procurement of technical equipment, engineered products, systems & software
- Acquiring & maintaining up to date understanding of tech trends, cost trends & technology road maps
- Identifying risks & opportunities & executing procurement strategy
What are we looking for?
- Experience of buying/category management and/or procurement
- Experience of indirect spend - ie finance, HR, legal etc
- Ability to build & maintain long term relationships with key stakeholders at a senior level
- Ability to identify value add through strong supplier relationship management to improve on cost, service, quality & risk
This is a unique opportunity to join a business where category management is an essential part of the wider business, contributing to cost saving & increased revenue across every department. You will get the chance to build relationships with various key stakeholders. There are very ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years and you will get opportunities to progress based on performance, rather than relying on headcount.
If you would like to progress your career and gain exposure to a very fast growing industry, with a team getting significant investment from the business, then please apply and one of the team will be in touch.