Job Title: Business Intelligence Business Analyst
LOA: 12 Months Contract
Pay Rate: £572 Per Day / Via Umbrella / Inside IR35
Location is Reigate, 2 days a week in the office so needs to comply with Client's COVID policy.
Reporting to the Lead Business Analyst
· A highly experienced Business Intelligence (BI) Business Analyst (BA) who can work with stakeholders at all levels of the business to identify & capture requirements for BI systems & processes that deliver value to the business
· Deliver functional specifications, conduct feasibility studies and produce designs/models to support large project delivery as well as small to medium size change
· Translate the high level vision for projects into a PID and then into Business Requirements Documents and detailed requirements (stories), maintaining the traceability to original objectives and goals
· Use proficient technical understanding and experience in BI systems and processes to drive good outcomes to meet the needs of the business
· Help facilitate an agile development methodology, working closely with BI development teams to efficiently deliver business change.
What we're looking for:
· Work with project sponsors and stakeholders to identify and document business requirements
· Work with Project Managers to draft and develop Stage Gate documentation
- Draw on significant BA experience to gather more complex and, potentially, organisation wide functional and non-functional requirements. Using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
· Act as the Data Product Owner for designated projects, writing user and technical stories for the BI development team, ensuring work is delivered in line with project timescales
· Represent the business, and their processes, at design meetings and make decisions on the business' behalf
- Manage the business requirements through the full project lifecycle, including user acceptance testing, business implementation, warranty and process documentation
- Manage traceability from requirements through to implementation
· Represent the business at Go/No Go Release meetings, making decisions on the business' behalf
· Manage and organise the delivery of system fixes (IMs) and BI/MI requests
· Work with the business and BI team to document existing processes and system behaviours
· Assess the impact of proposed changes on the analytical data platform (including semantic models and reporting)
- Utilise business and technical BI stack knowledge to provide inputs to project scoping and planning; including risks, issues, constraints, assumptions and dependencies
- Provides direction and support to project management, data engineers, testers and implementation teams as and when required
- Develop and maintain robust relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure business analysis, development, test and implementation activities are visible and in line with agreed customer expectations.
- Builds confidence and acquires an understanding of the business
Essential Skills and Expertise:
- Very strong knowledge of transactional and operational systems, data regulations (GDPR), procedures and controls
- Excellent decision maker, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities and constraints
- Subject-matter-expertise in both business domain and business intelligence.
- Interested in gaining an in-depth knowledge of business areas and a detailed technical understanding of the supporting IT services and applications
- Undertakes any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participates in training and development procedures
- Creative mindset with ability to think innovatively
- Passion to challenge complexity and simplify processes
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly to technical and operational people
- Effective prioritization and execution of tasks
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities with a strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and goal orientated
- Enjoys working with statistics, identifying trends and patterns. Good attention to detail
- People coaching / development skills
- Comfortable working with data and databases unaided
Ideal Skills and Expertise:
- Degree qualification or equivalent industry experience
- Relevant business/ MI/ BI analyst experience
- Agile methodology and Agile Product Owner experience preferred
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft BI (Business Intelligence) stack
- Dimensional Modelling & Data Warehousing
- Strong SQL skills (PL/SQL and T-SQL desirable)
- Advanced Excel skills
Why work for us
The Change Delivery Team at CLIENT Life is a collaborative group of Project Managers, Business Analysts and PMOs. We are at the forefront of delivering the strategic change initiatives across the entire business that drive the success and growth of the company.
We are constantly adapting and innovating in a fast-paced environment to keep our technical edge in the marketplace. The role enables us to constantly learn and broaden our horizons by working by on various project types including: Legal and regulatory, integration of 3rd party software, internal applications, partnerships and cutting-edge mobile journeys for our customers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our dynamic and forward-thinking group of change professionals.