Business Development Manager - Biotech and Pharma
Carl Zeiss Ltd is a leading provider of innovative microscopy solutions, committed to driving advancements in life sciences. We are seeking a dynamic and results-orientated Business Development Manager to join our Research Microscopy Solutions team, focusing on the biotech and pharmaceutical sector within the UK.
Responsibilities: As the Business Development Manager - Biotech and Pharma, you will play a crucial role in driving growth and sales within the sector. Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities within the biotech and pharmaceutical sector.
- Collaborating with the Life Science Sector Manager to conduct market research and develop strategic plans.
- Working closely with the marketing team to execute effective sales and marketing campaigns.
- Providing expert sector knowledge.
- Attending and supporting customer meetings, as well as marketing events, workshops, tradeshows and seminars.
- Staying up-to-date on industry trends, competitor activity, and desired applications/workflows
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Biological Science or related fields.
- Understanding of and sales experience within the biotech and pharmaceutical sectors
- Willingness to travel domestically (~50%) and globally (~10%)
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate confidently, effectively, and persuasively.
This is a brand new and incredibly exciting role which allows for working as part of a dynamic and collaborative global team. Continuous professional developmental opportunities along with ongoing training and support are available.