Role: Bead Scientist
Duration: 12 months
Rate: Up to £18/hour
Be part of something altogether life-changing
Working in the Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
What you'll do
- To provide laboratory practical support for the R&D team, most specifically to support Sera-Mag magnetic microparticle products.
- To perform processes designated with minimal hands-on supervision past the initial induction period. To work with the team to deliver quality outcomes on time and within budget.
- To work with cross functional teams defining and prioritizing objectives, critical thinking, and deliverables, developing process validation and designing transfer protocols, and ensuring adherence to schedules and project deadlines. To drive manufacturing transfer, efficiency, and reliability.
- To address regulatory issues to enable products that are developed, manufactured, or distributed to meet required standards.
Who you are
- Chemistry BSc degree level. Higher degrees may be advantageous.
- At least 2 years working in a chemistry-related industrial setting. General chemical competence in a practical setting e.g., safe handling of hazardous chemicals, fume hoods, buffer preparation, organic synthesis, formulation, etc.
- Specific experience with microparticle synthesis, subsequent chemical group or biological functionalization, and end-use isolation/assay techniques would be ideal.
- Competency on supporting techniques e.g., LC/HPLC, simple QC assays. Experience with more relevant analytical techniques may be advantageous e.g., microparticle sizing, zeta potential, surface chemistry analysis.
To apply please send your CV's in the first instance