Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Location - Devonport
6 Months Contract
Rate - £45ph - Umbrella
To provide the Senior Quantity Surveyor with effective support in compilation of pretender estimates, cost planning and modelling of design and implementation options, cost review/monitoring of projects, tender compilation, negotiation, commercial review and subcontractor claim reviews.
- Collate pretender infrastructure estimates including cost planning and modelling of design options supporting tender compilation.
- Prepare cost input to Monthly Reports to client and Project Management for sub-contracts and/or facilities and in accordance with project procedures.
- Review cost plans produced by subcontractors and developed into agreed baseline budgets within the framework of the WBS and in conjunction with Relevant Project Staff.
- Support the commercial lead in contract negotiation to minimise variance from the Babcock position.
- Maintain control baselines for all costs and profitability and carry out periodic updates.
- Identify deviations from agreed baselines and recommend corrective actions where appropriate.
- Assist in compiling cost control procedures to support the infrastructure programme.
- Monitor and report on subcontract costs to date, man-hours to date and future trends/estimates to the client, project and corporate management.
- Prepare forecasts of future costs including subcontractor claim reviews.
- Evaluate subcontract claims up to level of delegated financial authority.
- Create, manage and maintain Input into generation of business case(s) and spend profiles.
- As required, utilise tools where appropriate to support the project forecasting process including application of Earned Value.
- Any other duties required from time to time.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- MCIOB, MRICS or equivalent preferred or working towards RICS chartership.
- Site induction- Devonport
- Demonstrable quantity surveying experience in a construction environment.
- NEC contracting experience preferred.