Procurement Assistant / Assistant Buyer
Remote - site location Clyde Faslane
£11.50 p/hour PAYE
My client is seeking an assistant to join their team who has a background in supply chain, procurement and buying. The successful candidate will get involved in a variety of operational tasks and pick up some new skills along the way.
The main purpose of this role is to support the business by providing supply chain support to obtain goods and/or services up to £5k in value whilst minimising business risk through compliance with policy and process.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Process requisition to purchase orders on all sub £5k requirements
2. Order book management, clear aged debt by liaising with supplier and end users
3. Establish Cost savings
4. Data Management
5. Supply chain advisory capacity
6. Competitive tendering utilising SAP ARIBA (training provided)
7. General administration support duties
The selected assistant will have the management of previously placed orders, invoice clearance, expediting enquiries and general supply chain support in a high volume department whilst driving savings wherever possible and remaining compliant to supply chain/business objectives. They are also required to manage calls and engage with the business to resolve any supply chain concerns to the best of their ability prior to utilising the escalation process where appropriate.
The role also requires engaging suppliers on a regular basis to establish cost savings in accordance with Supply Chain Policy before recording the savings on the functional plan.
- The role requires Knowledge of Supply Chain processes and policies.
- The role holders require a high level of computer literacy throughout MS office applications and high level of competency in the use of IFS for the purposes of document management, Purchase Order management and invoice management and supplier performance management activity.
- Knowledge of due diligence processes and credit check processes for supplier on boarding and throughout continual supplier maintenance.
Please submit your CV in the first instance.